Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Gasp!

Second post in one day. Hence the "gasp"!

But I've been reading "Dirty Hands" again and I really wanted to say to the world: that Jean-Paul Sartre was one hell of a guy! I mean, think about it! The man turned down a Nobel Prize, for heaven's sake! HE TURNED DOWN A NOBEL PRIZE!

- If a victory is told in detail, one can no longer distinguish it from a defeat.
(The Devil and the Good Lord)

-I tell you the truth: all men are prophets or else God does not exist.
(The Devil and the Good Lord)

-Hell is other people.
(No Exit)

-I exist, that is all, and I find it nauseating.
(Nausea)

-As far as men go, it is not what they are that interests me, but what they can become.
(Dirty Hands, Act 5, sc. 3)

-That god does not exist, I cannot deny. That my whole being cries out for God I cannot forget.

(
I obviously don't claim ownership of the quotes above. But I wish they were mine. Oh, how I wish they were mine...)


2 claims:

Anonymous said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

My, my.. Very prolific day :)

Lu said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

@Harry Victor Saxon
Well... If you call, sitting on one's ass and doing nothing but read all day, prolific... Insomnia helps a lot too! ;)