Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy Birthday to ME!!!

I am officially 27 years old. Not too old, not too young... Just right.

Last year, that bloody 2011, has been very, very cruel to me. Going through Christmas was exhausting, to say the least. Celebrating my birthday was a torment. Fucking awful, if I may say so myself. (Oh, yeah, you're shocked because I said "fucking"? Get over it!)

I don't know what was different today but just a few seconds before the change, I actually felt hopeful. I felt as if 2012 might cut me some slack and let me do the things I want. I smiled. And it was a real smile, unlike all the previous fake ones. Yes, this year will be better. I believe that.

I will get my degree in English Literature (that I've come to hate) even if it kills me. I will lose those extra pounds, I will learn to speak Russian (finally), I will find and keep a real job and -I don't care if the world has to turn upside down for me to make it- I WILL BE A WRITER! I will learn to love myself and get rid of the people that make me feel bad about being me. I will be great and I wish the same to all of you!

May 2012 bring you happiness, good health and a sense of belonging! Is there anything more important than that?
;)

2 claims:

Anonymous said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Had no idea you were following my blog. I am now following yours. May we have a better year than the last one, dear.
(oh, and belated happy birthday :) )

Lu said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Thank you! Yes, let's hope for the best but be prepared for the worst too.
And you should know by now, I follow your everything! :P