Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Writer's Log: Day 8

YOUR WORDS


A love built in words
And rhymes
Tied together by a green ribbon
left on my desk;
I refuse to acknowledge you
And I refuse to remember
And most of all
I refuse to let you win
Because if I untie the ribbon
And read your poems
I think my heart will break again.
That doesn't mean I love you still,
After all these years
But oh, you know how words affect me
And your words carry so much guilt.
Is it childish?
It could be...
But I think it's time I admitted it:
You were my first love.
And you are old and timeless,
Unforgiving,
Merciless
And every time I look at you,
We are young again
And you hang up the phone,
Every time
Every time
Every time
I want your words.
Re-arrange them,
Change their meaning,
Turn back time,
I won't let go of your hand
And I will let you kiss me
And perhaps,
Perhaps
I'll be a better person
For having held on to you
And your poems
And your definition of love.


(This poem was also posted here where I write under the nickname of Hyalma. I think I'll let you know what "Hyalma" means. Eventually.)

0 claims: