Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Future husbands- Number 1

Little girls usually dream about the men they're going to marry when they grow up. They make plans, fantasizing about the event, about what their wedding gown will look like... It's somewhat of a hobby really, which fades away around adolescence and since it's harmless, I don't see any reason to criticize it. I was a little girl once. But a fairly odd one... I need to point that out because I will be posting about each one of my "future husbands", explaining why I wanted to marry them and I wouldn't want you to think I'm crazy. Because you will. You see, I never wanted Prince Charming, galloping to my rescue with his blond hair shining under the sun! I wanted a badass! Someone that would roar or growl or something like that, someone who would sweep me off my feet, yes, but in a passionate way, someone I could have adventures with! Someone exciting! Someone... out of this world, wink wink, you must be getting it by now.

Here we go then... Number 1 on my list: Optimus Prime!



What's not to love about Optimus Prime? Even as I tend to relate to the villains most of the time, this is one good guy I adored almost instantly. First of all, he's blue and red which were my favourite colours at the time we "met". He's made of metal therefore he's strong. He is also huge, a trait which would make everyone tremble and not attempt to even imagine to hurt me, Mrs. Prime. Granted, kissing (which is as far as little girls are willing to go, in terms of physical affection, besides holding hands) would be out of the question but as long as I would be allowed to sit on his shoulder, everything would be fine. Plus, I would never need to buy a car! And because I don't know how to drive, he could handle that part too!





Optimus Prime is the leader of the Autobots (leader, oooh fancy!) yet, he's very humble. He is very serious but also friendly and cheerful. Kind and dedicated, he deserves every bit of respect he gets from his team. He's powerful, wise and compassionate and what's even better, he's not one of those mean type aliens that want to destroy Earth along with its inhabitants. He wants to protect us humans (and especially me, or so I would tell myself, since I was planning to marry him.). All in all, he's awe-inspiring. Of course, I knew that a "man" as wonderful as him would never want to marry an insignificant, little girl like me... *sigh*

Things he said that made me jump around the room in excitement:

"Sometimes even the wisest of men and machines can be in error."

"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings."

"As long as power flows through any of my circuits, Megatron, I'll fight you."




0 claims: