Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Life has a funny way...

Yes, life has a very funny -hilarious, even- way to present you with un-wanted information that do nothing other than puzzle you. I recently found out (without having any intention to) that my ex-boyfriend had gotten married... Why is that something I should want to trouble myself with, you ask? I have been in a serious relationship for the past five years (almost) and I admit I am very much in love with my boyfriend. So, could it be that I still have feelings for my ex? Ha! No way in hell!

It is a fact that he broke up with me and I was miserable for a while. Back then. But when I distanced myself from the incident, I realised that I had absolutely nothing in common with that person and that, ultimately, I was young and quite stupid when I met him. Is it mean to say that after all this time? I don't think so. If I'd known then what I know now... I'm ashamed to say I wouldn't have bothered.

I called my friend to provide her with that piece of unnecessary information and I laughed while doing so. Why did I laugh? Why was that my genuine and unpractised reaction to the news of his wedding? That is the point of this confession.

People break up every day. Some of them never speak again. But some of them manage to remain friends. Do they have a secret they're not telling us? How do they manage? If there's a secret, please, let me know. Because I think it's a damn shame that I couldn't find it my heart to be glad for this man that I once loved. Or even be angry or... I don't know... Feel something, anything! Is it right to feel blank about someone?

0 claims: