Friday, May 31, 2013

Anger/Disappointment/I don't want to live here anymore



"Oh, hellooo! You are here to talk about things? Sure, let's talk about things! What things would you like to talk about?"


"Whaaat? Gay pride and... rights and... I'm confoosed! This is not a thing! Is it a thing? I'm pretty sure it's not a thing. Why do you insist it's a thing? Stooop!"


"Fine! Since you don't want to stop talking about it, I'll just shove my head in the ground and pretend you don't exist! I can't see you, I can't hear you, la la la la la la la! You don't exist!"


Even if you don't feel like listening, people still have voices. And you might not want to acknowledge them but that doesn't make them disappear, doesn't make them un-happen! Pull your fucking head out of the sand (or your own ass, more likely)! I'm at a loss for words really. What can I say that hasn't already been said more eloquently? 

Imagine there is an enormous, imaginary rug. Greece is trying to hide its gays underneath that rug, hoping that given enough time, they will simply stop to exist. This, of course, is a nice way to say that Greece is actually hoping those "horrible" people will shut the fuck up, they'll get tired and disappointed and give up. Guess what though? When you push people, chances are they'll push back. Not allowing a 40 second spot to be shown, won't stop Athens Pride 2013 from happening. It's happening! And of all the ways people choose to protest and demand their rights, this is a pretty awesome one.

Head out of the sand. Now.




(This post was written while I was under a lot of stress, extremely angry and sad. I can barely control my fingers at the moment, so excuse me for not having better arguments to demonstrate here. Perhaps tomorrow I'll write a proper essay, with good points made and all the like.)

0 claims: