Friday, May 11, 2012

Do we really have to go through this again?

This morning started out badly. I woke up because I felt itchy all over, due to mosquito bites. Mosquito bites make me extremely cranky! For some reason, I decided to check my Facebook, which is something I rarely do in the mornings. Facebook... Where I saw this.



Are you fucking kidding me??? NO! NO! Bad humans! Baaaaad!



Seriously, what is this? I don't know if I should be angry or amused. I'm leaning towards angry of course, but sometimes, stupidity can be a source of amusement. Before I begin one of my lovely rants, let's take a look at the definition of marriage by Merriam - Webster, shall we?


1 a (1) : the state of being united to a person of the opposite sex as husband or wife in a consensual and contractual relationship recognized by law (2) : the state of being united to a person of the same sex in a relationship like that of a traditional marriage  
b : the mutual relation of married persons : wedlock 
c : the institution whereby individuals are joined in a marriage

2 : an act of marrying or the rite by which the married status is effected; especially : the wedding ceremony and attendant festivities or formalities

3 : an intimate or close union 


And even if that isn't enough for you, know this. Definitions are made by people. The definition of something can be altered through the course of time, as it should. So keep up with the times, people! If you prefer thinking like a moron from the Dark Ages, that's your business but please, let the rest of us evolve as a species! You're holding us back! We want to move forward! Forward!

As you know, people are allowed to comment on pictures on Facebook. That, of course, isn't always a good thing because some people shouldn't be allowed to use neither speech nor writing as a means of communication. Some people should be handed a fur skirt and a bat and sent back in time, hunting dinosaurs, where they so obviously belong!

Stupid bimbo says:
What the Bible says about Homosexuality: "That is why God abandoned them in their inmost cravings to filthy practices of dishonouring their own bodies - because they exchanged God's truth for a lie and have worshipped and served the creature instead of the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen."

(You  do realize that the passage you're quoting isn't exactly about homosexuality, right? Right? Right???)

Stupid bimbo also says:
Are you an instrument of God or. Instrument of homosexuality? There is no between.

(That's it? These are my only two options? Because here I sat, thinking that I was a person, just a person, who wants to be treated fairly and treat others fairly as well. This matter has nothing to do with God, stupid bimbo! It has to do with people and their feelings and their rights! So, if I must absolutely choose between the two, I guess I am an instrument of homosexuality. In the sense that I want homosexuals to be treated equally and not discriminated against, then yes, I am an instrument of homosexuality. Hey, God, sorry! No hard feelings, huh?)

Normal-looking person says:
Heck NO!!!Life is about being happy! So if 2 men are happy together then let them be, it's the same with 2 women. We are not here to judge others and their way of life. I don't care what you think or what you have to preach about the bible. The main thing God wants from us is to live our lives happy! Everyone should be treated equally, and not be constantly put down by our peers and family members.

(Finally, a ray of light! I was beginning to think there weren't many of you out there!)

Super-Christian-I'm-Gonna-Save-The-Crap-Out-Of-You-Whether-You-Want-To-Be-Saved-Or-Not-woman says:
Amen cause God didn't make Adam & Steve or Eve and Eve!

(This thing about Adam and Eve has got to stop! Don't you know that the story of Adam and Eve is a cute myth some people thought of, so that they could explain their own existence before science came into the picture? That's exactly what it is! A myth! Treat it as such! Adam and Eve never existed, unless they were a couple living in a cave, freezing side by side, because fire hadn't been invented yet! Get over it already!

And you may discard my opinion as nonreligious but that doesn't instantly make me Satan or one of his followers. It just seems that my God and your God are two entirely different entities. Mine happens to be a nice one, whereas yours happens to be a tormenting figure, made out of spite and crazy rules. Also, there are other religions besides Christianity out there which you should respect. Because that's what Christianity teaches. Respect and love. But I guess those two concepts are lost on you, aren't they?)

Extremely sarcastic person says:
Let's bring back the Inquisition! That was Christianity at its finest. Christian laws were inforced!

(This person should be given an award! He made me laugh sooo hard, I thought my ribs would crack! Give him an award, I say!
He was being sarcastic. I checked his other comments too. Sarcasm at its best.)


I guess what I'm trying to say is, leave gay people alone... Accept them. Let them get married! Let them raise children! Let them live their lives! Don't make them feel like they're some higher being's mistake! All this gay hate is getting out of hand. My faith in humanity is fading fast, so please, please, please, stop this nonsense and prove me wrong! Show me that you -we- are better than this! Please...





5 claims:

Anonymous said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

I love you and I'd marry you but it's a sin on so many levels :P

But you have my sword.
And my bow!
And my axe...!
AND ALL THE LOKIS!

(And as far as I'm concerned, just calling it "marriage" and shutting the fuck up about the rest of the tags would make it easier for anyone that'd like to get married We just over-complicate things because !@$#%^humans...! )

Lu said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

@Harry Victor Saxon
I see nothing sinful about it but I would end up making your life hell.
:P

(Humans are complicated.
I imagine something similar happened when our ancestors were told that the Earth was nice and round, instead of flat and boring. Let's just wait and see how this plays out...)

Anonymous said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

THE EARTH IS ROUND?!!!

Lu said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

@Harry Victor Saxon
How could you have missed that? It was all over the news! :P

Anonymous said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

@Lu
..Bit of a hermit...