Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Heated conversations

It doesn't happen often because I try extremely hard to be calm whenever it looks like there's going to be a fight. If I can manage to remain calm long enough, the other person begins to calm down as well. Except some rare instances in which my calmness was perceived as apathy, this usually works rather well. I appreciate my friends and knowing how mean I can get during a fight, I do my best to abstain from screaming in their faces. It's the polite thing to do.

But sometimes, you have a bad day, you just don't want to discuss certain things and when someone talks to you as though you were a wee child, well... things get out of hand.


Friend: Blah blah this happened, blah blah it was good.
Me: Blah blah I agree, blah blah lol.
Friend: Blah blah how is your health issue?
Me: Blah. The same. Blah bl-
Friend: (raises tone) This is unacceptable! How long do you think you're going to let it go on before you go and see a doctor?
Me: Forever. It's not that bad anyway. Lol. Blah bl-
Friend: (annoying tone continues) Are you serious? Are you honestly telling me you're going to ignore it?
Me: (trying sooo hard not to yell) Sort of, yeah.
Friend: That is so irresponsible! I can't even belieeeeve you right now! Don't you care about your health at all?
Me: At this point, no, I don't.
Friend: (practically screaming) Lu, this is very bad! You need to go to the doctor!
Me: (this is where I snap) I did, in the past! I went to the doctor, had all the fucking tests, had a bunch of pills shoved down my throat, ruined my stomach they did! I kept throwing up, everyday, for months! But I took them and I never complained and the issue stopped for like a week and then it came back again! Stronger than ever! So, you tell me, oh wise one! What am I supposed to do?
Friend: Take more pills!
Me: No! No more! No more medication! Not pills, not cough syrup, nothing! If my problem wants to magically disappear, that will be great! But I'm done! I've been on meds since I was 3 years old! I've had enough!
Friend: (I think she's afraid of me at this point) Honey, why are you so afraid of doctors?
Me: (properly screaming) Afraid??? I'm not afraid of them! I fucking hate them!
Friend: (much more calm) Yeah, but-
Me: Enough!
Friend: Ok...
(long pause)
Friend: Love you...
Me: I know.
Friend: Blah blah?
Me: Lol. Blah blah.

I regret yelling at her but it's done, can't change it now. She really does love me, despite the fact that I'm very hard to deal with. But that's the point. We stick together, through thick and thin, and sometimes we yell at each other and then we lol. Ain't people weird?

Having said that, taking care of yourself is very important. Making sure you're healthy is vital! And having friends around to tell you that you have to get your shit together is good. Life could be better right now but at least I have that. Friends. People who love me even when I'm being an ass. People who would be devastated if something bad happened to me. Oh, hell... Am I actually considering going to the doctor?


(P.S: Love you too. Can't wait to see you. Lol.)

2 claims:

Μικρός Μπετόβεν said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

what about homeopathy?

Lu said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

@Μικρός Μπετόβεν
If meds fail again, I might give it a chance. Not sure how I feel about it though.