Thursday, February 21, 2013

On the fondling of the brains

 
Although it doesn't happen very often, I've caught myself thinking -while talking to someone fascinating- how it would feel like if my brain could become intimate with theirs. The things they say are just so interesting that I can't help but want to touch that particular organ more than any other of their organs, and sure, in the literal sense, brains touching would feel uncomfortable at best, but you can't deny it! There have been instances when you felt like screaming "My brain wants to have sex with your brain!" and simply didn't. Maybe you felt it but didn't know how to say it without sounding absurd, maybe you didn't really recognize the feeling. Well, I'm that weird person who feels and says that sort of thing, which usually results to me being left alone with my weird ideas. But what can you do, right?

Let's talk about the human brain for a moment. Weighing only three pounds, the brain is your strongest and most important feature. It is the most complex organ of the human body, controlling its functions: vision, skin sensation, hearing, movement! How does it do that? In short, the neurons in your brain shoot electrical impulses which release chemicals. Those chemicals travel to the next neuron causing it to do the same and before you know it, bam! electricity and chemicals everywhere! Hmm... Sparks and chemistry, where have I heard that before? Sparks and chemistry! Falling in love! (Yes, it's that simple, at least to me.)

Even the most plain of brains is a magnificent place, so imagine how much more wonderful is the brain of an interesting person. That frustrates me, in a way. Deeply. Why can't brains have sex with each other? I think it's unfair and cruel! Because I picture it all the time. Sparks flying, chemicals being released and brain sex, where you can catch a glimpse of the other person's memories, feel what they are feeling, see all the colours radiating from their neurons as they send messages to each other, be a part of this glorious procedure! Cue long, exasperated sigh.


Since there is no technology available -yet- to make this happen, I can only fantasize about it. But on rare occasions, while talking to someone fascinating, I can see a tiny little flame in their eyes and I know they're thinking the same thing and even though we can't go ahead and do it, everything's alright.

I am NOT trying to diminish the importance of actual, physical sex because it's really, really, REALLY important! What I'm trying to say is that since we perceive coitus, fornication, seeex as two bodies becoming one, imagine how fulfilling that union would be, if we could extend it to a union of minds as well as bodies! These are just random thoughts of course and may have a vague feeling of sci-fi about them, but I thought I'd share. Comment! Tell me what you think! Bring me your brains so they can have sex with mine! (Or don't, it's entirely up to you.)

1 claims:

Anonymous said...Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Well, this one deserves a comment. Definitely.
I think if minds could have sex it'd be the best sex one could ever have. Supposing, of course, that they found a suitable brain-partner.
Sure, you can engage in titillating conversations and read things and tickle your mind, like flirting or, well, *playing* with yourself, but what if we could do more..? Then potential of the human brain is vast and I think we cannot yet imagine our true capabilities (as lame and cliche that may sound...)
Imagine carding through thoughts and memories and tugging at neurons, oh, fuck.. Seriously, best fuck. BEST.
(have I crossed the indecency line yet? :P)